News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Steve Gibson’s Wizmo.exe

Posted on Wallace Keever Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Steve Gibson’s Wizmo.exe

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Wallace Keever
        AskWoody Plus

HP Envy with 500 GB SSD, 12 G Ram, Intel i7 processor at 3.2 GHz. I have been using Steve Gibson’s Wizmo.exe to shutdown, reboot, open & close DVD drives for several years on an older computer. Now all of a sudden with the new HP Envy, purchased 2020 Sept 18, I can’t get Wizmo to save to a place where windows can find it. Does anyone have any idea what I should do?

• #2298925 Reply
        Rick Corbett
        AskWoody_MVP

There’s a couple of ways to do this but the easiest is to just do the following:

1. Save wizmo.exe to your desktop.

2. *Right*-click on it, put a tick in the Unblock checkbox then click on the Apply button and close the dialog.

wizmo-unblock

3. Manually move it to C:\Windows (or C:\Windows\System32) and click on the Continue button when the Destination Folder Access Denied prompt appears.

wizmo-windows

Hope this helps…

Attachments:
        1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2298998 Reply
        Wallace Keever
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks for the info, and the help. That was exactly what I needed and it worked just fine. Many thanks for your assistance. W.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Steve Gibson’s Wizmo.exe

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.