Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Still not being offered 1803

Posted on Mcmacladdie Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mcmacladdie 1 day, 17 hours ago.

• Author

Mcmacladdie
      AskWoody Lounger

I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere, but I was just wondering about something.  I’m still on Win10 v1709.  Home version, never bothered to attempt to defer updates since it would have just been one more headache that I felt I didn’t need.  But, from my understanding, 1803 should have hit me by now.  Only, it hasn’t.  Checked my HDD type and brand to make sure, since I’d read that MS was apparently blocking the distribution of 1803 to people with certain HDD’s, and that doesn’t appear to be it.  I’m more than willing to just wait it out and see what happens, but I am a bit curious as to why I’ve not seen 1803 show up for me yet.  System specs if that matters:

Win10 Home v1709

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050

Intel Core i5 7400 @3.00GHz

Hope that’s all necessary info.  And I do apologize if I posted this in the wrong place.

• #192570 Reply

PKCano
      AskWoody MVP

Supposedly, Microsoft is rolling 1803 out selectively instead of all at once (except where is is being forced on users).

Be patient. Perhaps you will have fewer problems when it does arrive.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #192591 Reply

Mcmacladdie
        AskWoody Lounger

Thanks for letting me know.  I’m not itching to get the update per se… was just curious as to why it hadn’t even been offered to me as of yet.  I’m paitent, so I can wait 😛

• #192582 Reply

EP
      AskWoody Lounger

still need more specs like name (aka. system manufacturer) & model number (aka. system model) of computer, Mcmacladdie.
      run either msinfo32.exe or dxdiag.exe to gather these kinds of info.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 7 hours ago by  EP.
      • #192589 Reply

Mcmacladdie
        AskWoody Lounger

My computer is an HP Pavilion Desktop 570-p0xx, according to dxdiag.

As an addendum, I checked my father’s laptop to see if he’d gotten the 1803 update yet, and it hasn’t either.  Don’t know the exact specs on that, though.  It’s a bit older than this desktop.

• #192965 Reply

joep
      AskWoody Lounger

Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 feature updates in waves. First, they go with PCs they are pretty sure will work. Telemetry data is gathered on the installs and adjustments are made to the installation procedure and/or patches for Windows are developed. Then another wave is released and the process is repeated. Unless you absolutely want a feature update as soon as possible, I believe you’ll have a better experience waiting until Windows Update offers the update to you.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #193147 Reply

Mcmacladdie
        AskWoody Lounger

Eh, that works for me.  Like I said, I’m paitent.  I can wait for it to be offered 🙂

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Still not being offered 1803

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.