News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Strange Develoopment in Task Scheduler

Posted on CWBillow Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Strange Develoopment in Task Scheduler

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mn– 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

I have always had a backup scheduled in the Task Scheduler.  Today things changed.  After putting in all the task information, and clicking OK, I kept getting an error.

What I found is that I have to now enter the machine name\username for it to be accepted.  Simply the username doesn’t apparently work any longer.

IS this the way it is supposed to work now?

Chuck Billow

• #1839673 Reply

mn–
      AskWoody Lounger

Hm, haven’t noticed this kind of thing myself…

How long since your last system restart and did this change at that time? (Not impossible that this’d be caused by a transient error that would be cleared on restart…?)

What version of Windows is this anyway, and domain-joined or a single system?

• #1841653 Reply

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

I’m running W-10 x64, single-system.  My last restart…oh about 30 minutes.  No, this was happening after a restart.

Chuck Billow

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Strange Develoopment in Task Scheduler

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.