News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Suddenly hiburnating overnight

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Suddenly hiburnating overnight

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        geek
        AskWoody Plus

I’ve been using the same power plan for ages. It was set to hiburnate after 5760 minutes (4 days) or when battery dropped to 40%.  Now the computer is hiburnating overnight with battery at 70%! I hadn’t changed anything – Windows updated March 29.

So I’ve changed my power plan to shutdown at 40%, hiburnate “never”, shutdown from the power button, and disabled ‘fast start’. So far no hiburnates or shutdowns. Has anyone had this problem before?

Ascaris
        AskWoody_MVP

Have you checked to see that the sleep mode is set to the regular S3 and not hybrid sleep?

Group "L" (KDE Neon Linux 5.21.5 User Edition)

geek
          AskWoody Plus

Sleep works normally.. and has for a long time. My laptop doesn’t even support s3 sleep. The hibernation started happening when it shouldn’t. Maybe it shutting down in the night… Starting up from either looks the same. Finding a scheduled program that could do this is like finding a needle in a haystack.

geek
            AskWoody Plus

I meant to say it doesn’t support hybrid sleep!

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

My guess would be that some scheduled task is the culprit. But, as you said finding the one in task scheduler can be daunting. Have you installed anything new recently? Any updates? Made any configuration changes?

--Joe

geek
          AskWoody Plus

Tthe only recent change was a Win update as mentioned. I’m tempted to revert to a backup before that as a last resort.  (About a year ago a Windows schedule for Universal Orchestrator caused havoc  on some PCs until it was updated. I hope this isn’t a repeat.)

joep517
            AskWoody MVP

Have you checked the event logs for an indication?

How about the reliability monitor?

--Joe

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Suddenly hiburnating overnight

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.