News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Suggestion: Telegram Support

Posted on Anton Karlan Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody Central Suggestions about improving the Lounge Suggestion: Telegram Support

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anton Karlan 1 month ago.

• Author

Anton Karlan
      AskWoody Lounger

Hi, AskWoody!

Please create your AskWoody Telegram Channel – it is very convenient and fast to read IT and Security news at Telegram.

Thanks!

• #1914024 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

As AskWoody is run by a very hard-working bunch of dedicated volunteers, and on a shoe-string budget (not a profit model), adding another service to have to manage doesn’t seem to be something of a natural fit…

Telegram is not something that has extensive use, and it’s application to a Q&A information source doesn’t seem logical on first glance (to me, at least).
      🙂

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1914802 Reply

Anton Karlan
      AskWoody Lounger

As AskWoody is run by a very hard-working bunch of dedicated volunteers, and on a shoe-string budget (not a profit model), adding another service to have to manage doesn’t seem to be something of a natural fit…

I agree with you.

But now I created http://t.me/AskWoody Telegram Channel and connected to it autoposting bot from AskWoody RSS feed from my Andriod smartphone at no cost in a 30 minutes.

Now I get instant notification from that channel, when something in posted here, at AskWoody Lounge.

You can check it if you want.

But perfectly if it was not link in message, but WebView, so it can be viwed right in Teleram Client like it is made for https://t.me/SecLabNews

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #1914821 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

Ah. You’re using Telegram as an RSS reader.

I use igHome, but rest assured that the RSS feeds work fine.

I was concerned about setting up a Telegram server….

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #1915247 Reply

Kirsty
        Da Boss

Now I get instant notification from that channel, when something in posted here, at AskWoody Lounge.

Ah not quite… the AskWoody feed page only gives a notification of each new blogpost. It doesn’t give a notification of the Lounge posts (in the fora) 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1914828 Reply

Anton Karlan
      AskWoody Lounger

Ah. You’re using Telegram as an RSS reader.

I use igHome, but rest assured that the RSS feeds work fine.

I was concerned about setting up a Telegram server….

No, not any server.

But the way to instantly read your posts in a modern style. And Telegram is a good platform for that. Most of news I currently reading in Telegram channels now.

• #1915549 Reply

Anton Karlan
      AskWoody Lounger

the AskWoody feed page only gives a notification of each new blogpost

Yes, that was exactly what I want.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Suggestion: Telegram Support

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.