• Sumatra PDF updates

Home » Forums » Tools » Sumatra PDF updates

• This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago.
    Author
    Topic
    3 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    Author
    Replies
      2 users thanked author for this post.

Is Sumatra PDF (portable) simply a viewer? Or is it a pdf maker also? (I’ve downloaded the .zip file and extracted it and have run the .exe file, but it looks like I can do only 1 thing: open a pdf file and view it).

Or alternatively, do I need to install the Sumatra app (and not the portable) in order to make a pdf file?

Why would one use Sumatra PDF to view a pdf file instead of viewing it in one’s browser such as in Firefox? or in Edge? or in the Adobe Acrobat Reader app?

What benefit can Sumatra PDF add if I can already view a pdf file via my FF browser or the Acrobat Reader app and I can already make a pdf file of a Word or Excel file (by saving it as a pdf file) or by ‘Selecting All’ on a webpage and printing the selection using the Windows 10 built-in “Save to PDF”?

Adobe Acrobat Reader is considered to be a security risk for getting viruses because it allows PDFs to act as interactive objects much like Flash Games.  It also used to be thought of as bloated because of its file size and RAM usage, but computers now are so powerful that may not matter.

In addition to viewing PDFs, Sumatra can also view EPUB, CBR and CBZ files which are used for ebooks.

Compared to browser viewers, if you find scrolling a PDF to be slow, or want your recently viewed ebooks to be remembered, Sumatra can be nice.

I asked Sumatra PDF to check for updates,  three bars drop-down menu>help>check for updates,  and it told me I have the latest version (v3.3.3 64-bit).

Is Sumatra PDF (portable) simply a viewer?

It is a viewer.

I set the app as default PDF app.

Sumatra PDF 3.4.3

https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/download-free-pdf-viewer

*Sumatra PDF support PDFs, eBooks, DjVu files and comics

Sumatra PDF 3.4.5

* fixed crashes

Viewing 4 reply threads
    Reply To: Sumatra PDF updates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: