News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • sunrise/sunset seems to be broken

Posted on berniec Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 sunrise/sunset seems to be broken

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        berniec
        AskWoody Plus

I know this’ll seem like a minor thing, but win10’s idea of sunrise and sunset is seriously broken.   I have my location set to exactly where I am and the real sunrise/sunset us 6:02am/8:41pm.  but windows thinks it is 7:07am/6:08pm [as I discovered from nightlight].   Neither my phone nor my tablet has any problem getting this right, why doesn’t win10?

Do I need to do something to get windows to use the *actual* rise/set times or is this a lost cause becuase the software is, basically, broken.

• #2269954 Reply
        Bluetrix
        AskWoody MVP

berniec,

See if trying this helps:

night-light-schedule-has-wrong …

• #2269966 Reply
        blueboy714
        AskWoody Plus

One of the recent Windows updates turned on the Night Light feature on me starting at 9pm.  Just go to Display in the settings and turn off the darn night light.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: sunrise/sunset seems to be broken

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.