• Susan’s semi-annual unscientific surveys

Home » Forums » Newsletter and Homepage topics » Susan’s semi-annual unscientific surveys

• This topic has 13 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 4 weeks ago by User Not found…Windows crashed.
    Author
    Topic

With Windows 11 22H2’s release just right around the corner, I would like to know if you already have upgraded to Windows 11 or plan to upgrade to Win
    [See the full post at: Susan’s semi-annual unscientific surveys]

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Susan, At home we have more than one main PC, Windows 10 and Windows 7.
      The survey should include multiple choices.

Pick the one you use most often.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

Both are used all day long 🙂

There is one that you probably use one more second than the other.  Answer based on that.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

There is one that you probably use one more second than the other. Answer based on that.

I agree that  multiple choices would be better. I use Windows 98, Windows Xp and Windows 7 at about the same time. Windows 98 might get more use than Windows 7 by a few minutes or so. Windows 7 might get more use than Windows Xp by a few minutes or so. I have been told that I should place my Windows 98 and Xp on VM and run on Windows 7. But have not done that since Windows 98 has ports that Windows 7 does not have. Might have to test it one day when have time.

Windows 11 might be the final OS that cause waves of people to move to Linux. Windows employees have total lost all common sense and do not list to customer feedback. They should focus on security improvements and running things with less resources (1GHZ, 1GB RAM, 700MB Hard drive). MS is focus on keep people busy with useless GUI changes that add  nothing to the OS. The real task of improvements is ignored since they are unable to get them to focus.

My newest computer came (only 5 months ago) with Windows 11 Pro pre-installed. I was excited with my new machine but not particularly with Windows 11 except for one aspect.

I was excited about how well I would succeed in making it look and feel like Windows 95 (still my favourite).

Had it been disappointing, I was quite prepared to do a clean install of Windows 10. But fortunately for my blood pressure, I was able to easily eliminate the OS’s aggravating behavior with tweaking software.

As for my 8 year old portable Windows 10-looking-like-95 computer, I can only dream of upgrading it, because it has no required TPM at all. When I replace that one I will certainly go for Windows 12, but with my usual thorough tweaking.

1 Desktop W11
      1 Laptop W10
      Both tweaked to look, behave and feel like Windows 95

As for my 8 year old portable Windows 10-looking-like-95 computer, I can only dream of upgrading it, because it has no required TPM at all.

Have you tried this method?

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes/Windows updates, in case you need to start over!
        We all have our own reasons for doing the things that we do. We don't all have to do the same things.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Have you tried this method?

I could try, but I don’t really need a second (portable) computer, and my old Clevo (designed for Windows 8) is getting slowish anyway.

Still, thanks for the tip.

1 Desktop W11
          1 Laptop W10
          Both tweaked to look, behave and feel like Windows 95

Susan,

IMHO, there are a few critical items missing from your “business” survey.

It should include the following question and responses.

Does the hardware for the primary Desktop systems for your business users support Windows 11?

○ Yes

○ No, but we plan to upgrade them to support Windows 11

○ We do not plan to upgrade to Windows 11

And it should include the following “extra” responses for this question.

Are you currently using Windows 11 in your firm?

○ Not until we start upgrading our computers

○ We plan to stay on what we’re using now

Win10 is my main OS and have no plans to upgrade to 11 anytime soon even though I do like that Win11 now can run android apps natively instead of using 3rd party apps, Susan.   Will keep 10 until it expires, I believe, in 2025 (hopefully that is the date).  By then, it may be time for me to get a new PC anyway.   lol

🙂

even though I do like that Win11 now can run android apps natively instead of using 3rd party apps, Susan.

It can only run Amazon apps, which has limited amount of apps. If you want to run others, you need to hack and modify files to get it to use Google Play Store, which has ton of apps.

When I replace that one I will certainly go for Windows 12,

Windows 12 might be cloud base with MS subscription required (bypass currently using a registry edit-otherwise it is $30 per month but has it at half the price) from the leaked ISO currently unofficial released.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    Reply To: Susan’s semi-annual unscientific surveys

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: