• Switchover to Phase 1 of the Lounge happening soon

Home » Forums » Newsletter and Homepage topics » Switchover to Phase 1 of the Lounge happening soon

• This topic has 46 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago.
    Author
    Topic

With a little luck, in the next 12 hours the transition to the AskWoody Lounge should be complete. I hope. When the Lounge kicks in, you’ll be given a
    [See the full post at: Switchover to Phase 1 of the Lounge happening soon]

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 27 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Awesome……

Excellent, I am in!
      Great job ?

Greetings to Woody and all ☺

Win10 22H2 Pro, MBAM Premium, Firefox, OpenOffice, Sumatra PDF.

I have landed… albeit disappointed our logins didn’t carry over.

Fortran, C++, R, Python, Java, Matlab, HTML, CSS, etc.... coding is fun!
      A weatherman that can code

Good to be back again Woody! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly! LT

“Imagination means nothing without doing.” – Charlie Chaplin

Hmm. Feet up, spine relaxed and I’m enjoying the ambience of the Lounge. Mighty quiet though. Good thing I brought a libation.

Sheesh! I’m glad you guys know what you’re doing. I just trawled the Lounge site and didn’t understand 10% of what you were talking about. And that includes all the posts I didn’t understand at all.

Let me know when I can hoist one for the Lounge!

And where exactly do you register/log in???
      No instructions to make a post under a name, everything ‘Anonymous’??!!
      <sigh>

[Look at the tabs at the top -WL]

Good morning!
      Is the Dashboard not up yet? I’m getting page not found.

Looks good. Thanks, Woody.

iPhone 13, 2019 iMac(SSD)

Seems my ID has lost it’s clout

Testing… 1, 2, 3

I am having problems with my parent’s modem-firewall. Testing to see if it was just blocking me from reaching the moderation queue or this site in general. Question is: why did it not block me from the test lounge?

I am having problems with my parent’s modem-firewall. Testing to see if it was just blocking me from reaching the moderation queue or this site in general. Question is: why did it not block me from the test lounge?

Test site is a different place – still up. Some of us had to reregister – IDs didn’t transfer.
          If Woody sent you the link, add index.php to the end

But why would my mother’s firewall ever block me from posting?

Edit: suddenly I’m able to post.

woody beam me up???? 🙂

back to fishing for better dreams

Great to see the site up and running. It is a great source of information that I check everyday. Thanks to everyone for their hard work and dedication.

Ooooooh look how shiny and new everything is here. I like shiny new things.

nice to be here.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hello Woody!
      I can sign in to the beta lounge, but can’t sign in or re-register or get a new password sent to my e-mail in the new Lounge at this time. Still in transit, maybe? Thanks, Elly

[Elly – you should be able to get in now. I updated your User record manually. If you need help resetting your password, email me. -WL]

It worked now! Thank you. Great to have this up and running.

Non-techy Win 10 Pro and Linux Mint experimenter

Hey Woody

My test Lounge account did not come forward.

Apparently the User account does not exist with the changeover.

I re-registered with my User name NightOwl from the Test Lounge, and the new Lounge did not say the User name was already in use.

Hmmmmmmmm ……..

NightOwl

Hi Woody.
      Registered after a bit of a wait.
      Now let the fun & discussions begin.

Win8.1/R2 Hybrid lives on...

Good morning! Nice place you have here, Woody 😉 Had no problem at all signing up, and am looking forward to continued learning from, and contributing to, the Lounge.

Win 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit; Office 2010; Group B (SaS); Former 'Tech Weenie'

This is great. The Lounge will be a great place to discuss Woody’s articles and other topics, as well as be a resource or wiki of sorts for common issues (like fixing slow updates on win 7 or 8.1).

That is what I hope for as well. M$ provides terrible support. The workaround that CT uses, which I have used twice now for getting past slow updates, was posted in a Microsoft forum by a consumer. And it had around 50 pages of comments at that time I stumbled across it.

My point is that it seems the task of making and sorting things out, is now left up to the users. Who when are able to connect in a forum like environment. Things can move quickly.

In general, I find that when people from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of experience, converge. Some great things happen, in terms of solutions, innovation, ideas, sharing, etc.

M$ wants to create barriers, so that people will get frustrated and jump over to Win 10. I am so grateful to the staff here at AskWoody. For doing this work. As it is clear now, the big corps cannot be trusted.

The burden then rests on the users, to work together. So I am very happy to see The Lounge start to take shape.

I believe in the years to come, this will be the model. People vs. Corporations. And perhaps this has always been the adversary.

Either way. So very glad to have found this site, and now be in the company of so many others seeking answers and working together against a once trusted corp that has lost its way and sold out their consumer base.

I see the Forum link to AskWoody Central is still under development – it looks quite weird without the normal askwoody.com formatting!

Kirsty

Good to see this coming together at last. I do appreciate still being able to comment anonymously as well, i’d rather not set up yet another online account as i like to minimise my digital trail where i can. I’m sure you have a list as long as your arm of features to implement but two that immediately stood out to me are – (1) Showing the number of comments made in the article header as before. (2) For us anonymous posters to be able to enter a nickname like in the old system if someone wants to include one, rather than append it to the body of the message as i am about to do.

-T

Glad to be here, Woody & all The Usual Suspects. This will be cooler than the usual way of replying to blog posts. Hopefully Microsoft keeps it boring for a short while…

Bought a refurbished Windows 10 64-bit, currently updated to 22H2. Have broke the AC adapter cord going to the 8.1 machine, but before that, coaxed it into charging. Need to buy new adapter if wish to continue using it.
      Wild Bill Rides Again...

Thanks for the site and this forum.

I head here to see what to do each month on our four Windows 7 computers. Unlike, MS, you don’t steer users in the wrong direction.

Got coffee?

Nice site, Woody. Looks good. More personal than the old way of doing things.

If anyone knows how to add/change your avatar I’d be grateful for instructions. I see it’s doable, but I can’t see where in my Profile. Thanks.

Thanks, Woody! Looking good. The bottom of this page says “Comments are closed” but I thought I’d try it anyway. 😉

Win10 Pro x64 22H2, Win10 Home 22H2, Linux Mint + a cat with 'tortitude'.

The bottom of this page says “Comments are closed” but I thought I’d try it anyway

Hi Steven – great to see you getting your account active, and questioning how things work!
        These posts are being classed as replies, rather than Comments – it’s a little confusing, but good to see posting of replies is working.

It would be nice to be able to filter messages by date and hour so that you can quickly see what’s new since you came last time. Maybe changing the color of some messages or the dates, or maybe hiding old messages and being able to press a little + sign to see only what you want among the old ones. Seeing replies is sometimes hard with the old way of doing things.

See link on right under “Search for Topics” – may work

Until that can happen, I have found using the browser’s ctrl+f to search for the date. It narrows down the posts, i.e. putting “30, ” is what I find works, for today’s posts, once you have search results showing.

Viewing 27 reply threads
    Reply To: Switchover to Phase 1 of the Lounge happening soon

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: