News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • System Backup – Windows 10

Posted on wesn5wa Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 System Backup – Windows 10

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

b 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

wesn5wa
      AskWoody Plus

I have three (3) Windows-10 machines.  The System Image Backup works fine on two of them  On one machine, the backup starts just fine but after about 15-seconds I get a message “Not enough space to create volume shadow copy on storage location”.  This message makes no sense because the required space is about 10% of the amount of space on the 4TB drive that I am using for the backup.  Does anyone have an idea of how to get around this problem?

• #1333279 Trash | Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Probably due to insufficient free space on the recovery partition:

Fix the 0x80780119 error when creating a System Image in Windows 7 and 8

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Sucker More intrepid Crazy/ignorant Toxic drinker Saluted blockhead "Unwashed mass" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1903

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: System Backup – Windows 10

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.