News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • System error 2018374635 – how to fix it?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 System error 2018374635 – how to fix it?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
        Ron M
        AskWoody Plus

When ever I try to play an mp4 video, I get the error (2018374635).  I have tried the “health” cleanup with the dism function as an administrator :

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth  and

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

These both completed successfully.

I have also tried running Win 10 in Safe mode.

None of these solved the problem.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do next?  Thanks.

Ron M

• #2298908 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

What version of Win10 do you have?
        With what application are you trying to play mp4s?
        Have you tried using VLC Player?

• #2298970 Reply
        Fred
        AskWoody Plus

Potplayer plays (almost) anything. During installation you can choose for installation of extra codexes. Take them.

Succes.

~ ~ ~
        • #2298987 Reply
          Ron M
          AskWoody Plus

PKCano, I am running Windows 10, version 2004, Build 19041.508.

Haven’t tried VLC Player, but I will go and have a look.

Fred, never heard of Potplayer, but I will see what it is all about.  Thanks for mentioning it.

Lets hope these solve my “error” problem.

Ron M

• #2299048 Reply
          wavy
          AskWoody Plus

Careful, from the wikipedia page:

As of at least late 2019, PotPlayer began to be bundled with third-party software, causing concerns from PotPlayer’s users community. The installer gives the option to opt-out before the bundled 3rd party software is installed.[4] Also of note, PotPlayer has now started showing popup ads on the lower right hand corner of a user’s computer[5]

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
      • #2298991 Reply
        Ron M
        AskWoody Plus

PKCano, I found VLC among the stragglers in my move to my new machine and it works.  I will just have to use it to open future mp4 videos and others.  Thanks.

One question though.  On my previous desk top, all I had to do was double-click on an mp4 file and it would open and play automatically.  I never really worried about why that worked, but now it isn’t.  Why was it working before and not now?

Ron M

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Ron M.
        • #2299007 Reply
          Zig
          AskWoody Plus

Ron,

You need to associate the file with the player by right-clicking, selecting “open with,” then selecting the player you want (I,too, like Potplayer, tho VLC is my second choice) and click “always use this file to open * files.” or you could hunt for the”file associations section under Start|Settings.

Zig

• #2299013 Reply
            Ron M

Thanks Zig.  I did manage to figure that one out and it seems to work okay…so far.

• #2299008 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Maybe SFC will help?

sfc /scannow

cheers, Paul

• #2299113 Reply
        Ron M
        AskWoody Plus

wavy, thanks for the warning.  I think I will stay away from that app for now, particularly as VLC now works.

Ron M

• #2299219 Reply
        Zig
        AskWoody Plus

Re: Potplayer:

I have no problem refusing bundled third-party software and I have NOT been getting pup-ups.

Zig

Viewing 6 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: System error 2018374635 – how to fix it?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.