News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • System Tray Problems in Win10 Home v2004

Posted on tb75252 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 2004 – May 2020 Update System Tray Problems in Win10 Home v2004

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        tb75252
        AskWoody Plus

I am using Windows 10 Home, v. 2004, 64-bit, with a laptop connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi.

I just noticed that if I click on the Wi-Fi or Clock icons (both in the System Tray), nothing happens.  Typically, clicking on the Wi-Fi icon would show the available Wi-Fi networks and the tiles for Wi-Fi, Airplane Mode, Mobile Hotspot. And normally clicking on the clock would bring up the calendar.

Plese note:  The laptop is able to connect to all the registered Wi-Fi networks.  I don’t have a problem connecting to the Internet so long as one of the registered Wi-Fi networks is available.  But the problem would be if I need to connect to a new Wi-Fi network.

All the other icons in the System Tray seem to work ok.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• #2287645 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

2004 is in the beta stages and has some (many) bugs.
        regarding system tray see
        https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-clicking-system-tray-icons-doesnt-open-them/6e7da757-90e4-4af6-800b-d0a7f1df8e75

One poster’s solution :

“In the end I used the Recovery setting to go back to the previous version of Windows 10 (version 1909).

The system tray icons are now working as expected, and I think I’ll wait before upgrading to version 2004 again.”

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: System Tray Problems in Win10 Home v2004

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.