News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Table of Contents for PDFs in New Edge

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software Internet Explorer and Edge Table of Contents for PDFs in New Edge

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        280park
        AskWoody Plus

On my Windows 10 Pro version 2004 computer with Microsoft’s new Edge browser stable channel 88.0.705.74 I am unable to find the table of contents button when I open PDF documents using new Edge even though Microsoft states that older Edge stable channel 86.0.622.38 included a table of contents. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-pdf

Any ideas where that table of contents button is?

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

ChrEdge 88.0.705.74 (Official build) (64-bit) supports TOC.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Moonshine
        AskWoody Lounger

You ‘might’ see the Table of Contents icon to click if the document has been created with a ToC.
        Having said that, I can create a PDF document in Adobe Acrobat DC and add a blank page either before or after the first page and Edge will show the ToC icon.
        When that icon is clicked, the ToC pane opens with the wording ‘Blank Page’ and nothing else because it’s blank – there isn’t anything to show!

I think the program used to create a PDF has a bearing on the showing of a ToC icon also.
        If say a Word 2019 document that has an actual, functioning, Table of Contents and is saved as a PDF or printed as a PDF, won’t necessarily have one to show in Edge.

280park
        AskWoody Plus

Alex5723 and Moonshine – I just now opened a document with chromium Edge and it includes a table of contents and Edge displays the table of contents button. Apparently all the other documents that I was opening were not created with a table of contents. So, all is well with Edge. Thanks.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Table of Contents for PDFs in New Edge

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.