News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Taking another look at Sandbox

Posted on Tracey Capen Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog Taking another look at Sandbox

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Tracey Capen
        AskWoody MVP

WINDOWS 10 2004 By TB Capen Back in June of last year, we published a first look at Windows 10’s then-new Sandbox feature. Simply put, Sandbox creates
        [See the full post at: Taking another look at Sandbox]

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2305412 Reply
        anonymous

I set up the sandbox.  When MS Edge was launched, I got the recommendation to upgrade to the new Edge.  OK, did that but expected it wouldn’t hold if I closed and re-launched the sandbox.  That was true. Will MS update the features in the version of the sandbox Windows over time?

• #2305568 Reply
        jimlove
        AskWoody Plus

Still using Sandboxie.  Just too simply and easy.  Are there any real advantages of Windows Sandbox over Sandboxie?

1 user thanked author for this post.
        CAS
      • #2305700 Reply
        CAS
        AskWoody Plus

I agree with you, Jim. Sandboxie works well and has always been a reliable piece of software for me. I,  too, would be interested to know why MS Sandbox would be an improvement over Sanboxie.

CAS

• #2306380 Reply
          AlexEiffel
          AskWoody_MVP

Maybe not having to download and compile it and making sure that in theory it should be actively supported and security vulnerabilities patched quickly?

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Taking another look at Sandbox

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.