News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Taskbar Icons disappearing or becoming unpinned

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 20H2 – October 2020 Update Taskbar Icons disappearing or becoming unpinned

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        John
        AskWoody Plus

Over the last week or two I have experienced problems with some of my Taskbar Icons. I updated to 20H2 on 11th January but the problems did not start immediately.

I have a ‘standard’ set of icons in a particular order and two of them have started to behave erratically. If the icon is there, in the middle of the other standard ones and I click it, the program will start but the icon jumps to the end, and loses it’s ‘pinned’ setting. If I repin it, it stays (for now) but if I attempt to more it back to it’s proper’ position, it loses it’s pinned setting.  Rebooting does not fix the problem.

Has any one else experienced this or similar problems? Or have any suggestions as to how I can prevent this happening?

Dell Inspiron 7580 i7 16GB Win 10 pro

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Taskbar Icons disappearing or becoming unpinned

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.