News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• \Templates\Videos?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 \Templates\Videos?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        DaveH52
        AskWoody Plus

Any idea why is my Video folder under \Templates\Videos?

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Most likely you moved it.

You can move it back:
        Open Explorer.
        Select “This PC”.
        Right click on Videos and select Properties > Location.

This will show you the current location and allow you to move or restore it.
        The default in Windows is C:\Users\username\Videos

cheers, Paul

DaveH52
        AskWoody Plus

I cannot move/remove the folder. I was able to relocate the files contained in C:\Users\username\Videos to someplace I can find again. However, I cannot remove the C:\Users\username\Templates\Videos folder. I get a security violation notification. I cannot access the C:\Users\username\Templates without getting a security violation, so I can’t delete it from there. I tried running PowerShell as admin to rm the directory, but it won’t go away.  “You do not have sufficient access rights to perform this operation.” I also get basically the same security violation message if I try to change the security settings on the …\Templates directory.

OK wise guy.  I created a shortcut on my desktop to the offending directory, then opened it. I added that location to Quick access in exploder. I right-clicked on that shortcut and picked delete. I went back to the desktop shortcut and tried to open the location, and got a message that the location no longer exists.

Why does Micro$oft make it so easy to screw up and so difficult to fix?

[moderator edit] removed swearing. Please follow Da Rules.

Attachments:
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

The screenshots look like you are not doing it in the correct place.

Open Explorer.
        Expand “This PC”.
        Right click on “Videos” > “Properties”.

Capture-1
        Capture2-1

cheers, Paul

Attachments:
        Moonshine
        AskWoody Lounger

DaveH52

In the User Profile folder, assuming you don’t have the original ‘Videos’ folder – instead of using the Move tab, use the Restore to Default tab and follow the prompts.

It sounds like you have, or have had in the past, ‘Hidden protected operating system files’ on view and have at some point dragged the video folder into the ‘Hidden’ Templates folder that only shows when you have these folders/shortcuts on view.
        They are hidden for a reason.

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: \Templates\Videos?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.