Topic

Red colour text

Blue colour text

Green colour text

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 17 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Not all BBCodes work correctly in this AskWoody forum, but I found the sample code for changing text colour in the ragic.com tutorial Formatting Text Using BBCode.  A detailed guide can be found on the php.com site at https://www.phpbb.com/community/help/bbcode.

Red color text in bold – color inside bold

Red color text in bold – bold inside color

Red color text in bold & underlined– color inside bold inside underline

Red color text in bold & underlined–underline inside bold inside color

preformatted text
        preformatted text

trying to get a code snippet in a grey-shaded rectangle

Code:
      coded text

trying to get a code snippet in a grey-shaded rectangle — why is there all of this white space??

text surrounded by reverse apostrophe
      trying to get a code snippet in a grey-shaded rectangle

trying to get a code snippet in a grey-shaded rectangle – doesn’t work

You need more text than can be shown on one line to bring up the grey box.

cheers, Paul

@paul-t:
          Could you show me how to get a code snippet in a grey rectangle — maybe with an attached screenshot of what the coding looks like exactly?

In response to this note, I received a reply from PKCano with instructions on how to get a code snipped in a grey rectangle. (I don’t see his reply here, but it DID appear in my e-mail because I asked for a follow-up reply via e-mail in my post to @paul-t)

So here goes:

put your code here 
          Code:
           put your code here 

Edit to post: It didn’t work, as you can see — no grey rectangle around the code snippet, although the script was exactly as you see above. And lots of blank lines between the code and my edit!??

So now I am going to try using the “code” button under the Text tab.

put your code here

Will it work?

Edit to post: Nope! as you can see, there is no grey rectangle around the “code”; I know it’s not real code, but isn’t anything between the reverse apostrophes treated as code??

reg add HKLMSOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsWindowsUpdate /f /v TargetReleaseVersion /t REG_DWORD /d 1

In the text tab:

Screen-Shot-2022-03-21-at-4.57.18-PM

Trying a real code in angle brackets:

reg add HKLMSOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsWindowsUpdate /f /v TargetReleaseVersion /t REG_DWORD /d 1 

Trying text with angle brackets:

put your code here 

Edit to post:
          ah-ha — so the “code” has to be real code. But there’s no grey rectangle around the code. Instead, there is a horizontal scroll bar. How do you get the grey rectangle around the code? I’ve seen it here on AskWoody. The grey rectangle looks something like this:
          grey-rectangle

Testing Insert Into Content for .PNG attachment:

Win-10-Pro-v21H2-Task-Manager-Process-ID-11488-Dell-SupportAssist-19-Jan-2022-1

Testing Insert Into Content for .PNG attachment if Remove This Content also clicked:

Win-10-Pro-v21H2-Device-Manager-Intel-UHD-Graphics-620-Driver-v27_20_0_9664-17-Jan-2022

Testing Insert Into Content for .PNG attachment if image detached after post submitted (identical image originally “removed” in post # 2419606) reappeared after image detached in post # 2419608)

Win-10-Pro-v21H2-Device-Manager-Intel-UHD-Graphics-620-Driver-v27_20_0_9664-17-Jan-2022

size=12 and blue

Just trying to figure out the “Quote” feature …

Not all BBCodes work correctly in this AskWoody forum, but I found the sample code for changing text colour in the ragic.com tutorial Formatting Text Using BBCode.  A detailed guide can be found on the php.com site at https://www.phpbb.com/community/help/bbcode.

Found this info on referencing another topic and quoting  here.

code here

The above grey box is via the Code button in the “Text” tab of the edit window. Enter your text, highlight, click Code.

Can you point to the thread that contains a grey box?

cheers, Paul

Using Text tab, code button real code code button

edit to post:
      no grey rectangle surrounding the code here. I’ll have to look for a post in AskWoody that has it.

If you find it, put a link to it here.
        You won’t be able to edit it, but I can look at how it’s done.

Using the attached instructions:

Code:

Edit to post:
      It looks like these instructions put “Code:” in the output, too. See attached with red circle pointing to “Code:”

You are likely trying to set a background color using bbCode. I checked across wonderful world wide web for this command and there are many variations — which I tried without success here.

It is possible that the command to set the background color is not available here. This may be a good idea as injudicious use of bbCode and some commands can break the forum.

On hiatus {with backup and coffee}
      offline▸ Win10Pro 2004.19041.572 x64 i3-3220 RAM8GB HDD Firefox83.0b3 WindowsDefender WuMgr
      offline▸ Win10Pro 20H2.19042.685 x86 Atom N270 RAM2GB HDD WindowsDefender WuMgr GuineaPigVariant
      online▸ Win11Pro 21H2.22000.675 x64 i5-9400 RAM16GB HDD Firefox101.0b6 MicrosoftDefender WuMgr
    Viewing 17 reply threads
    Reply To: Test Post

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.