Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • The astoundingly low price of malware

Home Forums AskWoody blog The astoundingly low price of malware

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  NoLoki 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

When it comes to malware, I thought I was too jaded to be shocked. Wrong. I just saw this infographic from Andrei Barysevich at Insikt Group and I’m s
      [See the full post at: The astoundingly low price of malware]

5 users thanked author for this post.
    • #150596 Reply

fred
      AskWoody Lounger

ya just made my day  ‘-(

• #150602 Reply

Jan K.
      AskWoody Lounger

From the news over here…

A 20-year young high school student has just received a two-year jail sentence for trying to purchase a Hechler & Koch machine gun with 550 rounds of ammunition on the Dark Web.

Price for the items not known, but for 4.1 bitcoins a woman hired a hitman to murder her boyfriend… sentence will fall on the 15th this month.

Me? “Likes” seems to be very, very cheap…. hmmm… tempting…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #150610 Reply

fred
      AskWoody Lounger

From the news over here… A 20-year young high school student has just received a two-year jail sentence for trying to purchase a Hechler & Koch machine gun with 550 rounds of ammunition on the Dark Web. Price for the items not known, but for 4.1 bitcoins a woman hired a hitman to murder her boyfriend… sentence will fall on the 15th this month. Me? “Likes” seems to be very, very cheap…. hmmm… tempting…

WHAHAHA 🙂

• #150631 Reply

anonymous

? says:

don’t know much about mayhem, murder and machine guns, do know that i found my name, address, phone number and other personal information in the windows registry in plain text many years ago. maybe that’s why i still get so many spoofed voip calls?

• #150713 Reply

NoLoki
      AskWoody Lounger

The problem with this shadow business is that it is sucking in a lot of skilled individuals. The typical age of British criminals behind some of the world’s most high-profile cyber attacks is just 17, according to new research.

The dark side can be lucrative even if the end product comes at a low price. However, it does not lack value. There are lots of buyers and re-sellers.

A really excellent coder who can hack with finesse, can make $80,000/week. It is a high risk business. If you do not have the cover of organised crime and you start spending that kind of money, you attract attention – the tax man, the FBI, INTERPOL, SOCA etc. The typical hacker, about half of those surveyed in 2016, reported making under $20,000 from programs, while the most skilled hackers reported making as much as $350,000. Some do both white hat and black hat hacking.

The price of malware is astoundingly low but the cost to individuals and businesses is enormous.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: The astoundingly low price of malware

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.