News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • The best addons for Brave/Chromium/Chrome

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software The best addons for Brave/Chromium/Chrome

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

Hello guys 🙂 I am thinking about installing the Brave on linux. I am moving away from the Firefox and I dunno how long Waterfox Classic would last so hence to Brave. I hope that I am not jumping from fire to support Google.

Anyway, what the addons would you suggest for Brave? I would like to have it be as few as possible. Anyway, only addon I am sure I will get is Ublock origins and Origin Extra. Would Umatrix still work on the Brave or Chromium in general? Any otehr good addons?

Oh for anyone else is also interested in this topic, don’t get nano defender. It is now a malware (unless you are on Firefox, which is maintained by a different developer).

Thank you 🙂

• #2307383 Reply
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Brave comes with it’s own extensions that, when I tried it out a while back, seemed to do what was requested quite well.
        If you wish to add more, Ublock Origin is probably top of my list then noscript (although noscript isn’t the same as it is in firefox IIRC) The one most important thing is, keep the browser up-to-date. I’d also dig into the settings of brave thoroughly.
        the whole thing about extensions (addons) is subjective,,whatever YOU feel comfortable with..go for it.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT - AE
        • #2307497 Reply
          anonymous

Oh? How is the NoScript different in Chromium as compared to the Firefox?

• #2307407 Reply
        anonymous

Note that development of uMatrix has ended. It will still work but is no longer being updated.

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/09/20/umatrix-development-has-ended/

With the built-in adblocking in Brave, uBlock Origin may not be needed. Noscript may be beneficial, but I haven’t used it in a chromium browser, so I don’t know how different it works in chromium vs. Firefox.

I have used Brave some without any extensions, I like it, but not as well as Firefox, at least not yet. If I had to use a chromium browser for something, it would definitely be Brave over anything else.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: The best addons for Brave/Chromium/Chrome

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.