• The best news of the year

Home » Forums » Newsletter and Homepage topics » The best news of the year

Author
    Topic

PUBLIC DEFENDER By Brian Livingston The year 2023 revealed many poor decisions made by Internet giants. Almost every big company seemed to make at lea
    [See the full post at: The best news of the year]

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

the awful images transmitted by iMessage may become a thing of the past by the end of 2024.

I don’t agree. iMessage doesn’t transmit awful images. All images I get from iMessages are excellent.

Apple will support RCS but I don’t see iPhone users flocking to use it.
      RCS won’t replace iMessage. It will be just another option. iMessages to Android users won’t switch to RCS automatically. Google will have to change SMS/MMS to RCS on receiving devices still with the transmitted ‘awful images’.

https://askwoody.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=589ef6d038a469ebdf98dc000&id=fc9a8f2f65&e=88ee377238

Links embedded in AskWoody newsletters (sample above) include MailChimp tracking (the list-manage part of the url), and while I understand your desire to do so, there’s something in my security software that prevents those links from opening. Here’s the error I get:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to askwoody.us19.list-manage.com. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

I have disabled UBlock Origin, Privacy Badger and Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection, and I still get the error. AskWoody is not the only web site that uses MailChimp (list-manage.com), quite a few other newsletters use the same service. Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

I love backquote system, but even with the new version, I’‘m still having problems with the apostrophe. I am not getting what is in your doc.

shft-apos                 ‘

apos                         ’‘

shft-apos twice      ‘‘

apos twice               ’‘’‘

ctl-shft-apos           “‘

ctl-apos                    ‘‘

ctl-9                          “‘

ctl-0                          ”‘

Is it just me?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    Reply To: The best news of the year

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: