• The big train robbery, LA

Home » Forums » Outside the box » Rants » The big train robbery, LA

Author
    Topic

Waiting for a FedEX, Amazon.. delayed package ? It may never arrive.

https://twitter.com/johnschreiber/status/1481770722271760384

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by Alex5723.
    3 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Hard to believe this went on w/o any one bothering to intervene. Postal Police, Inspectors where were you ???

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
      1 user thanked author for this post.

This is truly incredible!  It really is hard to believe that they’re leaving fully loaded train cars parked in train yards with no one protecting them.  There is so much trash it’s amazing the trains can run over it!

Photos capture the debris left behind by cargo looters on Los Angeles railway:

https://californianewstimes.com/photos-capture-the-debris-left-behind-by-cargo-looters-on-los-angeles-railway/655296/

We're getting Sticker Shock everywhere now, not just car dealers.

If this is just a problem for the Angelinos and those who, whether they know it or not, depend on cargo trains running through LA and making stopovers there, well, that’s awful — as are many other things in the news these days. But I do wonder if it is just in LA, an LA specialty, so to speak, or maybe this is happening elsewhere. Living on the Atlantic side, I haven’t missed any letters or Amazon’s and other deliveries, so far (that I’ve noticed), but … And even if train looting may not be all the rage, yet, among the criminal element on the US East and Mid-West, these tweets and what not on the train lootings on the Pacific side may be giving our more enterprising crooks around here some ideas worth considering.

Ex Windows user (Win. 98, XP, 7) since mid-2020. Now: running macOS Big Sur 11.6 & sometimes, Linux (Mint)

MacBook Pro circa mid-2015, 15" display, with 16GB 1600 GHz DDR3 RAM, 1 TB SSD, a Haswell architecture Intel CPU with 4 Cores and 8 Threads model i7-4870HQ @ 2.50GHz.
      Intel Iris Pro GPU with Built-in Bus, VRAM 1.5 GB, Display 2880 x 1800 Retina, 24-Bit color.
      macOS Monterey; browsers: Waterfox "Current", Vivaldi and (now and then) Chrome; security apps. Intego AV and Malwarebytes for Macs.

Maybe too many inspectors out sick with covid. They are usually tenacious in house and will watch for weeks waiting for enough evidence to accumulate and then swarm in and arrest all involved. For this I have no clue why it was allowed to continue. It is usually stealing mail, like when people used to put money in charity envelopes. I wonder was this just parked cars or in transit cars??

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    Reply To: The big train robbery, LA

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.