• The Disappearing Mouse

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 11 » Windows 11 version 23H2 » The Disappearing Mouse

Author
    Topic

Apologies, wrong forum.  This ended up starting in W-10…my bad…so….

I get that w-11 is not fully cooked, but…

Shouldn’t the mouse remaining visible a key point?  I get that I can “locate” it with the Control key, but that even does not make it appear.

Gots to be something I did or am doing, because this does seem to be quite a critical piece, wouldn’t you think?

I’ve had such great luck with the peeps on this board, I thought I would  just throw that out there.

Chuck Billow

Viewing 3 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Chuck,

I’ve found that it’s usually, but not always, the white mouse pointer on the white background. I’ve changed my and many of my friends and family to a black mouse pointer with mouse trails enabled. This seems to solve the majority of the problems.

May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!
      Computer Specs

RG, mine ain’t white, I made it red for just that reason.  But I will try switching things around.

Thanks,
      Chuck

Chuck Billow

RG, so here’s one for ya:  I went back to the “default mouse, and now the default pointer shows.  When I go to the “Cursors” folder in Windows, NONE of the cursors are showing “graphically”, just white squares.

My my…

Chuck Billow

RG…

So I went and changed all my cursors to black (dark mode?).  That worked.  THEN, I again replaced all my cursors to the red set I had made.  All my cursors, for now at least, are red again and working.

Thank goodness for small favors!

Chuck Billow

Viewing 3 reply threads
    Reply To: The Disappearing Mouse

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: