News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• The February 2021 Office non-Security Updates have been released

Home Forums AskWoody blog The February 2021 Office non-Security Updates have been released

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        PKCano
        Manager

The February 2021 Office non-Security updates have been released Tuesday, February 2, 2021. They are not included in the DEFCON-4 approval for the Jan
        [See the full post at: The February 2021 Office non-Security Updates have been released]

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Susan Bradley
        Manager

Some big company somewhere is still running Office 2010.  We are WAY past it’s support window and now we’re getting non security updates?

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

Charlie
          AskWoody Plus

That’s great!  I wish that could happen with Win 7.

abbodi86
          AskWoody_MVP

Maybe the Office 2010 team did not get the EOS memo 😀

RM
        AskWoody Plus

I am looking at doing the updating on my Win 7 computer for the January updates for windows and office.  Being an ask Woody member, I looked at the master patch list and for win 7 and office and found that the list still shows defer for all versions of Windows and Office.  When is this going to be updated so it will provide guidance on what to install and what not to install?  Thank you for all of your work.

b
          AskWoody MVP

Please use the top set of links under

January 31 2021 — Update Status

not the older ones under

January 18, 2021 — Update Status

Charlie
          AskWoody Plus

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who did this.  I’ll know better next time.

rick41
        AskWoody Lounger

Given that it’s not a security update, why is the update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB4493180)  labeled “Important” by Win 7 ESU WU?

anonymous

Because, according to the MS Support document you have linked:

This update fixes a crash that may occur when you open a file that contains a diagram.

rick41
            AskWoody Lounger

Didn’t know that preventing a possible crash automatically earned an update the Important designation, but yeah, maybe that’s it.

opti1
          AskWoody Plus

My ESET AV is showing a persistent notification that KB4493179 and KB4493180 released on Feb. 2 are available and are ‘critical’. But I’m holding off until Susan gives the OK to proceed.  🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: The February 2021 Office non-Security Updates have been released

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.