• The OG App promises you an ad-free Meta free Instagram feed

Home » Forums » Outside the box » Outside the box – miscellanous » The OG App promises you an ad-free Meta free Instagram feed

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago.
    Author
    Topic

https://techcrunch.com/2022/09/27/og-app-promises-you-an-ad-free-instagram-feed/

Instagram is currently a mess and users — including Kim Kardashian — are unhappy about it. The company is trying to cram too many features like Reels, Remixes, an algorithmic feed and NFTs into the app. Ansh Nanda and Hardik Patil got so frustrated that they decided to make an app called The OG App that gives users an ad-free and suggestion-free Instagram feed.

The OG App — available on iOS and Android — is not trying to create a new social network. Instead, it is just realigning the Instagram feed to users’ choice. Users can log in to their Instagram account and it shows the home feed right away. But the app removes ads and suggested posts from their home feeds…

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Author
    Replies

I can’t see this lasting long, Meta will surely intervene. Reminds me of the time I got banned from Snapchat for using 6Snap, a third party Windows Phone version, because there wasn’t a official Windows Phone client in the first place!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      b

I can’t see this lasting long, Meta will surely intervene.

Well, Apple has intervened and took the app down

..OG App removed from the App Store

As announced by the developers of the app on Twitter, OG App has now been removed from the App Store. The iOS app had over 10,000 downloads last night alone, reaching the 50th place in the ranking of most downloaded apps in the App Store. The developers criticized Apple for its choice to “follow in Meta’s footsteps” instead of listening to its users…

It’s unclear at this point whether Meta requested Apple take down the app, or whether Apple decided to remove the OG App from the App Store on its own…

We also heard from the OG App team that Meta has banned the personal Instagram and Facebook accounts of the app’s developers, which suggests that Meta is behind the removal of the app from the App Store…

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Reply To: The OG App promises you an ad-free Meta free Instagram feed

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: