Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • The Pollyannish Assumption and AskWoody

Home Forums AskWoody blog The Pollyannish Assumption and AskWoody

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  HiFlyer 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

Ben Thompson has another enlightening post on Stratechery called The Pollyannish Assumption. It’s a nuanced exploration (as are all of Thompson’s Stra
      [See the full post at: The Pollyannish Assumption and AskWoody]

9 users thanked author for this post.
    • #149972 Reply

AlexEiffel
      AskWoody Lounger

Thank you for this great forum, Woody. It makes me forget about all those sites where you just try to skip useless or bad comments to find out what you are looking for. The people here are great and the moderation is very effective at keeping the discussion at a good level while facilitating the exchange of ideas and differing viewpoints. I think you have just the right balance.

Congratulation to you and I wish you a platform that can properly serve the demand for your site that will only grow stronger as we approach the end of life for Windows 7.

10 users thanked author for this post.
    • #150005 Reply

DrBonzo
      AskWoody Lounger

I’ll second everything AlexEiffel just said. This is an extremely useful site for technical and moral support. I’ve said at least a couple of really stupid technical things that on other sites I probably would have been mocked for, but here it was taken gracefully even by experts who know more than I ever thought was even knowable.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      • #150226 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

I’ve said at least a couple of really stupid technical things

Me, too. As reasoned response speaks volumes for the responder.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #150117 Reply

NetDef
      AskWoody Lounger

I too find this site very useful.  Sorry I’ve been awol so much lately – personal issues (hopefully resolving soon.)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #150119 Reply

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody MVP

I’m convinced that the mods and good old-fashioned peer pressure have kept us out of the shallow end of the gene pool. As we wind up the year, I wanted to say “thanks everybody,” and hope that we can keep this general level of conversation going, for a long time to come.

Actually, Woody, it is your leadership that has kept this a friendly blog. The mods are simply following your leadership.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    • #150142 Reply

HiFlyer
      AskWoody Lounger

Ask Woody strikes exactly the right note.   I heartily agree with the previous posts.  This non-tech feels right at home here.

Cheers Woody,

HF

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #150218 Reply

Canadian Tech
      AskWoody MVP

Woody, my hat is off to you! You are doing a fabulous job and it is appreciated much more than you could possibly ever know.

This is an interesting, useful and challenging site. It is the one place that I am sure to go every day. It is because of what I discover here. A lot of very talented, wise and knowledgeable people with very intriguing views, able to express themselves well, yet maintain a level of respect for one another that is unique. It is made possible only by your leadership, which is also quite unique. You bring a sense of what is interesting and what is really worth knowing to the site that makes it a place to come to.

It is a place where I feel free and welcome to state my views and know that what I have to say will be read and consumed with interest. Very fulfilling.

Thank you, thank you, for all your dedication and time, and most of all skill. Please keep this going.

CT

4 users thanked author for this post.
    • #150267 Reply

HiFlyer
      AskWoody Lounger

Re: @Canadian Tech

Hear, Hear!

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: The Pollyannish Assumption and AskWoody

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.