News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • The (sorta) quiet release of Win10 Version 1909

Posted on Tracey Capen Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog The (sorta) quiet release of Win10 Version 1909

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Tracey Capen
        AskWoody MVP

PATCH WATCH By Susan Bradley Microsoft’s latest update of Window 10 is rolling out with little fanfare — and few reports of major problems. As Woody n
        [See the full post at: The (sorta) quiet release of Win10 Version 1909]

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2013676 Reply
        abbodi86
        AskWoody_MVP

Office MSI got the fix for Access issue, but only available as manual download

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2013978 Reply
        PerthMike
        AskWoody Lounger

Anyone know what’s going on with the MSRT for Windows 7? The update (the borked one that endlessly cycled, I assume) is marked as “expired” in WSUS, and Microsoft don’t seem to have issued a replacement. There is one for the server editions, but not for Windows 7 clients.

No matter where you go, there you are.

• #2014004 Reply
        anonymous

Black Friday Deal ¦ New W10 64 Laptop.
        ‘Imaged’ the Disc, at minimum spec, and again at operational level.
        MS Account, Admin Account, Non-Admin Accts applied. Good-2-Go.
        Currently MSWU is offering me 1909. Any info would be appreciated.

• #2014033 Reply
          PKCano
          Da Boss

Sorry you created an MS Account instead of a local account.
          V1909 is not recommended at this time.
          You can read through the information on this site – use the search box in the right woodgrain panel to find specifics. Otherwise, you can ask for the specific information you need.

• #2014123 Reply
            anonymous

I did see how to get around having a MS account; but, threw caution to the wind on initial boot-up. Too many balls in the air, at once. Subsequently, I’ve had to sign-up, to buy stuff of ’em. Ok, I know, I could have done that separately. I log-on to the machine in a Non-Admin account; so, I’m down the command chain, although all the accounts are me. I’m still setting the machine up 2-days in. Everytime I get an unwanted intrusion, I track down the cause, and either delete it, or inhibit it. Let’s see what pans out ? Thanks for the info.

• #2014979 Reply
              anonymous

Close to finishing up, getting the pc up to speed. Started a trawl around the machine. Alighted on an Xbox (MS) Folder. ‘Check Connectivity‘, hit the button. ‘You’re Network Connected‘. Funnily, I don’t own an Xbox, never will. The only thing I idle time away with is Photoshop. Teach your self something. Got into ‘Services’ and disabled Xbox. I have found that having a MS Account has some use. The number of MS Sign Up For a New Account flags, would have been tedious. Still, it’s a MS O/S; so, they’re probably, anonymously, all of it like a rash.
              Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2020

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: The (sorta) quiet release of Win10 Version 1909

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel