News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• The Ultimate iOS 15 Walkthrough: Guides and How Tos for Every New Feature

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Non-Windows operating systems » iOS » The Ultimate iOS 15 Walkthrough: Guides and How Tos for Every New Feature

Author
    Topic

This is a comprehensive guide with all of our coverage, and it’s a great resource for casual users who haven’t had a chance to test out ‌iOS 15‌ prior to its launch. Everything is organized by app or feature to make it easy to find what you might be looking for…

Viewing 4 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Susan’s rule of patching iphones/ipads/iwatch is to like on the Windows side… hold back a bit.  Watch for any known issues/side effects.  So I don’t recommend going to iOS 15 just yet.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

2 users thanked author for this post.

Susan’s rule of patching iphones/ipads/iwatch is to like on the Windows side… hold back a bit.  Watch for any known issues/side effects.  So I don’t recommend going to iOS 15 just yet.

I have run all iOS/iPadOS 15 betas (now on iOS/iPadOS 15 RC) with 0 problems of bugs, freeze, restarts..
      I fact, I am running beta versions for years.

Never ran Windows insider/betas so can’t compare.

Hey Y’all,

I initiated the update this evening after backing up to iCloud (not much on this fairly new iPad). I was already on 14.8

The download took 3 hours over a very solid Wi-Fi connection in my apt.

The Preparing for Update took another hour or so and the actual Install another hour.

About 5 hours total.

Better set aside some time for this one!

Home screen now junked up with the new Widgets! Actually the Clock and Calendar ones aren’t bad as they’re larger versions of the current shortcuts on the Home screen. The others I’ll just delete.

HTH 😎

May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!
      Computer Specs

The download took 3 hours over a very solid Wi-Fi connection in my apt.

The Preparing for Update took another hour or so and the actual Install another hour.

I have a 1Gb fiber connection.
        Download of iOS 15 (~6.3GB) and iPadOS 15 RC (~5.6GB) (I am on beta) took ~7-10 minutes each.
        Preparing took ~20min each.
        Update took ~10-15min each.

iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB, iPad 10.5″ 64GB.

Downloading iOS 15 beta 1 5.43GB in 6 min.

I think that the download speed in attributed not only to the network speed (1GB Fiber) but it is possible that my ISP has cached the file as many are downloading the update.

I have the same iPad Pro and that matches my experience on a cable modem with wired/wireless router between the cable modem and my devices. We only have 3 wireless devices active, 2 iPhones and one Linux laptop; 4 with the iPad.

I do find it much harder to arrange my screens, but the new all app access on the dock makes that less critical.

Downloading iOS 15 beta 1 5.43GB in 6 min

Sorry, Should be iOS 15.1 beta 1.

I got the update right after I saw it was out. Today was the first time I have exercised (3 mile walk) since I updated both my iPhone and Apple watch. The watch startled me (and I stumbled because of it) when I reached one mile of walking as it spoke suddenly and announced I had walked one mile in 20 minutes and 5 seconds (decent at my age). I’ve had the watch almost two years and wear when I exercise and never before has it spoken suddenly! It’s a neat addition and I was ready for it when it spoke at two miles and three miles! Really nice if I was still running as it is not easy to see what the time is when moving fast but nice even when walking.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    Reply To: The Ultimate iOS 15 Walkthrough: Guides and How Tos for Every New Feature

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.