News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • The Windows Secrets merge is officially over

Home Forums AskWoody blog The Windows Secrets merge is officially over

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by

joep517 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

We’re still nipping at a few problems, but it looks like we survived swallowing the whale. We have more than a million posts on AskWoody now, going ba
      [See the full post at: The Windows Secrets merge is officially over]

12 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1620581 Trash | Reply

NetDef
      AskWoody_MVP

Does this mean the site performance issues should be mitigated shortly? (Assuming the problem now is the indexer is still crawling the massive addition to the post database?)

~ Group "Weekend" ~

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1620817 Trash | Reply

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

Things are still pretty slow so hopefully that will change soon.

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does 🙂
      4 Win 10 Pro currently 1809 (3 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

• #1621709 Trash | Reply

BATcher
      AskWoody_MVP

If anything the time from clicking on a thread title to getting the top post has gone out from about 10 second to about 20 seconds.
      One or two seconds would be acceptable!

BATcher
      2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1622351 Trash | Reply

EspressoWillie
      AskWoody Plus

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Item checked off the list.

I want to offer a thank you to everyone involved so far.

So what’s next on the list?

Cheers!!
      Willie McClure
      www.datarim.com
      Talk's cheap, takes money to buy whiskey.
    • #1623620 Trash | Reply

riovistade
      AskWoody Plus

Nice racing Padawan – you’re the first to finish! What a team – I love you guys!

• #1624471 Trash | Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

It is faster now, particularly when first connecting to this site. But not back yet to what I remember was the speed with which one could move from one forum to another before the merging began.

Could the reason for this slower performance be, in part, that now more people than before are accessing this site?

• #1627051 Trash | Reply

Seff
      AskWoody Plus

Congratulations to everyone involved in pulling it off, quite an achievement!

• #1628071 Trash | Reply

wavy
      AskWoody Plus

Site still like cold molasses for me.

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
      • #1628128 Trash | Reply

woody
        Da Boss

Interesting. It’s running much faster for me – except when I look at the Forums link, up at the top. We’re looking into that.

• #1628154 Trash | Reply

petesmst
          AskWoody Plus

Well done on a complex task completed reasonably smoothly and quickly!

This site is still very slow for me:  85 seconds to log in; 45 seconds to open the “reply” link to this post.  30 to 45 seconds to open any other links.  Used to be considerably quicker.

Hopefully this will improve.

One other “beef”:  Is this site perhaps not too big now?  I used to get responses to my queries/posts in The Lounge within  24 hours, often much quicker.  I am not experiencing that here; and have even not received a response to a Direct Message posted more than a week ago.

Hopefully all will now improve as the focus shifts away from merging The Lounge.

My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Mobo (Military Class V); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 500GB SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME SSD; 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2016 Prof (32-bit); Condusiv SSDKeeper Professional; Acronis TI 2019 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Dell S2417DG G-Sync UHD Monitor.

• #1628224 Trash | Reply

joep517
          AskWoody MVP

When I click on any of the forum or sub-forum titles it takes a very long time to load. Currently waiting over a minute for “Tools” to load.

--Joe

• #1628149 Trash | Reply

CADesertRat
        AskWoody Plus

It’s taking forever to load pages here.

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does 🙂
        4 Win 10 Pro currently 1809 (3 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: The Windows Secrets merge is officially over

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.