News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • This is a warning: try not to cry.

Posted on OscarCP Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box The Junk Drawer This is a warning: try not to cry.

Topic Resolution: Not a Question

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  OscarCP 1 day, 20 hours ago.

• Author

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

Hooray! There are even more dreadful things than we already knew for everyone here to worry about, besides telemetry, Windows 7 EOL, Windows 10 updates and terminal BSOD-causing buggy patches! So, maybe this is the right time and the right place to let you all have this awful and dire warning:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/11/cattle-eyeball-worms-found-in-second-human-raising-worry-of-wriggly-uprising/

Better watch for little flies buzzing around your head and, if they do, at least for the moment, try not to think about being an involuntary Windows 10 beta tester: They like tears!

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W(?) + Mac&Lx

• #2001398 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

Pity all those people eating their dinner… 😬

• #2002042 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

Kirsty: No, no pity for them! Why? Because if this puts them off their feed, that serves them right! Everybody should know by now that one should not surf the Web while having a meal, or vice versa. It’s a very unhealthy practice! And better for people to be grossed out by the article, if that keeps them from getting a slithering ophtalmological big problem in the first place, I do say!

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W(?) + Mac&Lx

• #2002693 Reply

wavy
      AskWoody Plus

And I thought the morale of the story was : Don’t go RUNNING around! 😥😂😀

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
      1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2002825 Reply

OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Wavy: That too, but the “don’t cry” advice is applicable especifically to situations when there are little flies around.

As to running as a healthy practice (but feet and knees might not necessarily agree), I always have thought of it as an acquired taste, like drinking bitters, if somewhat interesting to watch, depending on the looks and age of the runner.

• #2002840 Reply

wavy
          AskWoody Plus

As to running as a healthy practice (but feet and knees might not necessarily agree), I always have thought of it as an acquired taste, like drinking bitters, if somewhat interesting to watch, depending on the looks and age of the runner.

There should be a happy medium but a Marathon looks like masochism to me, if nobody is chasing you …
          I always liked sports better as a (not good) participant than an observer, running was never in the running. I might make an exception if the SU BB team ever gets well into the NCAA play-offs again.

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
    • #2002939 Reply

willygirl
      AskWoody Plus

When I take a trek the flies don’t stand a chance. Finally came up with an all natural anti-bug topical oil the little punks absolutely hate. My arms were getting tired until putting the mix to the test, successfully, and they’re gone in the wink of an eye. 😉

Win7 SP1 Home 64-bit, GrpA

• #2002964 Reply

OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

WG: “…and they’re gone in the wink of an eye.”

Hmmm…

So, I take it that there were little flies around where you were trekking before. Have you been blinking very often since then?

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: This is a warning: try not to cry.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.