News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • This is a warning: try not to cry.

Posted on OscarCP Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box The Junk Drawer This is a warning: try not to cry.

Topic Resolution: Not a Question
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Hooray! There are even more dreadful things than we already knew for everyone here to worry about, besides telemetry, Windows 7 EOL, Windows 10 updates and terminal BSOD-causing buggy patches! So, maybe this is the right time and the right place to let you all have this awful and dire warning:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/11/cattle-eyeball-worms-found-in-second-human-raising-worry-of-wriggly-uprising/

Better watch for little flies buzzing around your head and, if they do, at least for the moment, try not to think about being an involuntary Windows 10 beta tester: They like tears!

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS + Linux (Mint)

• #2001398 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

Pity all those people eating their dinner… ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• #2002042 Reply
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Kirsty: No, no pity for them! Why? Because if this puts them off their feed, that serves them right! Everybody should know by now that one should not surf the Web while having a meal, or vice versa. It’s a very unhealthy practice! And better for people to be grossed out by the article, if that keeps them from getting a slithering ophtalmological big problem in the first place, I do say!

• #2002693 Reply
        wavy
        AskWoody Plus

And I thought the morale of the story was : Don’t go RUNNING around! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜€

๐Ÿป

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
        1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #2002825 Reply
          OscarCP
          AskWoody Plus

Wavy: That too, but the “don’t cry” advice is applicable especifically to situations when there are little flies around.

As to running as a healthy practice (but feet and knees might not necessarily agree), I always have thought of it as an acquired taste, like drinking bitters, if somewhat interesting to watch, depending on the looks and age of the runner.

• #2002840 Reply
            wavy
            AskWoody Plus

As to running as a healthy practice (but feet and knees might not necessarily agree), I always have thought of it as an acquired taste, like drinking bitters, if somewhat interesting to watch, depending on the looks and age of the runner.

There should be a happy medium but a Marathon looks like masochism to me, if nobody is chasing you …
            I always liked sports better as a (not good) participant than an observer, running was never in the running. I might make an exception if the SU BB team ever gets well into the NCAA play-offs again.

๐Ÿป

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
      • #2002939 Reply
        Myst
        AskWoody Plus

When I take a trek the flies don’t stand a chance. Finally came up with an all natural anti-bug topical oil the little punks absolutely hate. My arms were getting tired until putting the mix to the test, successfully, and they’re gone in the wink of an eye. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Win7 SP1 Home 64-bit, GrpA / MacOS / Chromebook

• #2002964 Reply
          OscarCP
          AskWoody Plus

WG: “…and theyโ€™re gone in the wink of an eye.”

Hmmm…

So, I take it that there were little flies around where you were trekking before. Have you been blinking very often since then?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: This is a warning: try not to cry.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.