Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • This month’s cumulative update for Win10 version 1809, KB 4464330, throwing bluescreens

Home Forums AskWoody blog This month’s cumulative update for Win10 version 1809, KB 4464330, throwing bluescreens

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Microfix 1 day, 18 hours ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

There’s a great sleuthing report on Windows Latest, by akshay Waghray (!), that collects complaints from HP workstation and PC customers. The complain
      [See the full post at: This month’s cumulative update for Win10 version 1809, KB 4464330, throwing bluescreens]

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #223737 Reply

anonymous

I don’t think it’s KB4464330 doing this, rather I noticed yesterday that Windows Update pushed down a PS/2 keyboard driver to my HP ProBook 430 G4. This includes the HpqKbFiltr.sys file. The device name in Device Manager now says “Standard 101/102 Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 keyboard for HP Hotkey Support”. I already had the hotkey driver installed but it didn’t do this.

Oh the joys of forced driver updates!

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #223796 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

I think you’re 100% correct.

Running down the details now.

• #223742 Reply

anonymous

We’re already more than used to this at home and there’s not much we can do. But HP has a different and greater power than the average Joe and it’s time HP take out it’s whip and kick Microsoft bbigtime.

• #223800 Reply

anonymous

Windows Update should not be serving up drivers updates. Period.

You do not need to keep on top of drivers updates like updates for your web browser and operating system. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” applies to drivers updates because so many things can go wrong with them.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #223804 Reply

anonymous

We have a load of HP 800 EliteDesk G1 and HP 400 ProDesk G2, 3 and 4, all on win10 edu 1803, showing the wdf bluescreen and then going to a winpeshl.ini file error on the second restart. We belive this is due to KB 4462919 (removing this and restarting does not lead to the BSODs)

Any which show the winpeshl.ini file error have required a re-image.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #224736 Reply

anonymous

we Have had several machines error with the winpeshl.ini issue over the past few days.  They have all had to be reinstalled.  We have now blocked updates via group policy, as we can not afford all of our school pcs to die on us!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #224751 Reply

Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

we Have had several machines error with the winpeshl.ini issue over the past few days. They have all had to be reinstalled. We have now blocked updates via group policy, as we can not afford all of our school pcs to die on us!

Can you confirm what edition, version of Win10 and any further details please as this would be of great help.

| W8.1 Pro x64 | Linux x64 Hybrids | W7 Pro x64 O/L | XP Pro O/L
          No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT - AE

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: This month’s cumulative update for Win10 version 1809, KB 4464330, throwing bluescreens

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.