News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • titanium

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wavy 1 month ago.

• Author

wavy
      AskWoody Plus

Woody this is going on in your corner of the world, very sophisticated and scary.
      https://securelist.com/titanium-the-platinum-group-strikes-again/94961/
      https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/11/newly-discovered-titanium-backdoor-employs-clever-ways-to-go-undetected/?comments=1

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
    • #2003625 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

I gather from the Ars Technica article that this new Platinum malware, Titanium, has not been detected “in the wild” yet. So it might be another Bluekeep-like sleeper.

Or, being — supposedly — so very sophisticated, it’s out there already, infecting computers, but so subtly no one has noticed yet…

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W + Mac&Lx

• #2003683 Reply

wavy
      AskWoody Plus

Ok seems if a text label is not added the link is not being used as a label. IIRC this was not always the case>>>😠

OK and to confuse matters more the first visible link was NOT added as a link just pasted in. 🀯

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
      • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  wavy.
    • #2003703 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

Wavy, I still can see the two links (arstechnica.com and securelist.com) you included in your original entry, at the top, and also the repeated securelist.com link in the entry you added just below mine. So everything here looks fine to me.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W + Mac&Lx

• #2003750 Reply

wavy
      AskWoody Plus

Only because you don’t know what is missing 😁.

from the
      article. 😦
      the link got lost

There should have been two more sets of links in this portion, they did not show up. It may have ‘something’ to do with not assigning a text label to the link. Weird stuff happens.

🍻

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: titanium

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.