News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • How do you get ragged edges in your images

Posted on KYKaren Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box The Junk Drawer How do you get ragged edges in your images

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        KYKaren
        AskWoody Plus

To Rick Corbett: I saw your images at ragged edges. What do you use to get edges like this, both at the bottom and in the middle?

In the middle

I’ve also seen these edges at the top, the side, and the perimeter.

Offline: Win7Pro ∙ SP1 ∙ x64
        Online: Win10Pro ∙ 1909.18363 ∙ x64 ∙ i7-6500U ∙ RAM 12GB ∙ SSD ∙ Firefox ∙ McAfee Internet Security ∙ Windows Defender
        Online: Win10Pro ∙ 1909.18363 ∙ x64 ∙ i7-8565U ∙ RAM 16GB ∙ SSD ∙ Firefox ∙ McAfee Internet Security ∙ Windows Defender

• #2153658 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

There are various ways, such as:
        https://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #2153681 Reply
          KYKaren
          AskWoody Plus

Thanks for recommending this. It is a very versatile utility. I’ve looked at the tutorial, especially the section on making edges and I don’t see a way to make them in the middle as in ragged edges in the middle

I supposed one could make the upper part of an image with a ragged edge at the bottom, make the lower part of the image with a ragged edge at the top, and then “glue” them together into one image, but that seems to be the long way to go about it.

I wonder if there’s a utility that will excise the middle of an image and replace the excision with ragged edges at the bottom and top, all in one fell swoop?

Offline: Win7Pro ∙ SP1 ∙ x64
          Online: Win10Pro ∙ 1909.18363 ∙ x64 ∙ i7-6500U ∙ RAM 12GB ∙ SSD ∙ Firefox ∙ McAfee Internet Security ∙ Windows Defender
          Online: Win10Pro ∙ 1909.18363 ∙ x64 ∙ i7-8565U ∙ RAM 16GB ∙ SSD ∙ Firefox ∙ McAfee Internet Security ∙ Windows Defender

• #2153749 Reply
            Kirsty
            Da Boss

Thanks for recommending this.

I was not “recommending” this – I was mentioning this 😉

• #2153750 Reply
        Bluetrix
        AskWoody MVP

The program  Snagit can do this, it isn’t free though it does offer a free trial.

hth

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: How do you get ragged edges in your images

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.