News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Top Apps

Posted on Peter Prewett Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  access-mdb 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Peter Prewett
      AskWoody Lounger

How can I edit Top Apps that appear when search is clicked on?

At present it shows Kindle and Uninstall Kindle, with others I do not use, one is corrupt with missing drivers.

What/who decides what is displayed?

What is the reason for this feature?
      Windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.295 on a 64-bit I7 computer.
      Peter

• #1920026 Reply

anonymous

Try right clicking on the one of the top apps to see if the tile can be removed from its place. Look inside the More drop down or the ellipses menu.

I’m taking a guess, it must be Windows 10 showing suggested applications similar to the ‘try me’ ware they endlessly gift to users inside the start menu.

Nobody knows how to turn it off, maybe O&O’s Shutup10 program can turn those tiles off.

• #1920324 Reply

access-mdb
      AskWoody MVP

On my Top apps it shows those apps I use the most. The list is what I use most. I can’t see any way of changing this so I don’t know why you’re not seeing your most used apps.

On the start page (I have full screen set), do you have ‘Most used’ set so when you click on all apps, you can see the list? Mine is the same as top apps in search. Not sure if this helps though!

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Top Apps

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.