News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Topic reply counter gone missing

Posted on Cybertooth Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody Central Suggestions about improving the Lounge Topic reply counter gone missing

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        Cybertooth
        AskWoody Plus

I leave several browser tabs open for the AskWoody.com forum threads that I’m following. In order to see if any new replies have been posted since the last time, I refresh the page, keeping a mental record of the number of replies that were up before the refresh and how recently the last one was posted.

Tonight I refreshed one of the topics I’m following, and was surprised to see that there was no indication of the number of replies or when the latest one was posted:

Woody-no-reply-count

Compare the area circled in red above to the following screenshot showing the same area for another thread that I had not yet refreshed:

Woody-reply-count

A new glitch in the forum software?

Attachments:
      • #2255077 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

No problem for me on Chrome.

Now I’m seeing the issue.

cheers, Paul

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Paul T.
        2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2255085 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

I’m seeing the same thing @cybertooth, but it was working fine a few hours ago.

There have been a number of unintended issues appear recently, some with undesirable consequences. I’m not sure if this is something that has become collateral damage in trying to fix something else, but it’s not an intentional change.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2255494 Reply
        Cybertooth
        AskWoody Plus

Are there any plans to fix this? Especially for long threads, it makes the site easier to use if this now-missing info is shown. When the feature is working properly, you can (for example) tell at a glance how long it’s been since the last reply and then decide whether the discussion is ongoing or has ground to a halt.

• #2255505 Reply
          Kirsty
          Da Boss

We hope so! But until we can figure the problem, solving it becomes a little difficult… 😉

It has bigger use in management terms, so while it’s inconvenient for you, it’s hampering our work! Yes, we want it fixed!

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2266990 Reply
        Cybertooth
        AskWoody Plus

Sometime today (or maybe overnight), the line giving the number of replies and voices and how recently the last post was submitted, finally came back. In one topic, I even saw also the name of the user who submitted the most recent post.

So, progress is being made toward restoring the former full forum functionality. Thank you to whomever has kept plugging away at this annoyance!

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Topic reply counter gone missing

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.