News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Transfer windows 10 to a new machine

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 20H2 – October 2020 Update Transfer windows 10 to a new machine

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        CWBillow
        AskWoody Plus

My power supply died on my laptop.My power supply died on my laptop. HPS replacing machine with the same model same basic specs. If I install my windows 10 pro on the new machine since it’s running windows home, will I be able to use the same serial number as I had on the old one?

Chuck Billow

CWBillow
        AskWoody Plus

I would think that come but how can I transfer it from the old machine when I have no power in the old machine to uninstall?

Chuck Billow

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

You can try. You can always still do the free upgrade from home to pro. See Here’s how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade | ZDNet for instructions.

--Joe

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Windows 10 license is tied to the hardware it was installed on and can’t be transferred/reinstalled.
        You will have to call Microsoft support.

anonymous

Thanks Alex. Joe I’ll be sure to check that out soon as I get my machine. Thanks.

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Transfer windows 10 to a new machine

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.