News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Tree-view of forum topics gone

Posted on mngerhold Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody Central Suggestions about improving the Lounge Tree-view of forum topics gone

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nathan Parker 6 months ago.

• Author

mngerhold
      AskWoody Lounger

I have been away for a bit, but on my return cannot see the ‘tree ‘ of forum topics on the RHS (the woody background).  This was my instant way of going to topic areas of interest to me, rather than drilling down (which is slow).  When did it disappear, and is it likely to return?

• #1843706 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

The Forum tree was a custom add-on that is no longer in use. The Forums can be accessed through the “Forums” button in the gray menubar at the top of the page, though not in as nice a layout/format.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1845988 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

It’s still showing the code where the tree was, so that might need to be stripped.

It would be nice if there was another way to put the list of forum threads on the sidebar, as that was quicker than going through the forums menu.

There may be a few category recommendations I can make as well coming up. Let me think about it.

Nathan Parker

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Tree-view of forum topics gone

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.