News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Trying to subscribe for Plus Membership

Posted on SheldonD Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software Other browsers Trying to subscribe for Plus Membership

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        SheldonD
        AskWoody Plus

I tried desperately to subscribe to Plus Membership, but ran into problems.
        Firstly, I tried with my regular browser (Firefox) several times, after clearing cache and deleting history each time.
        When I got to the page to enter my credit card info, the area was greyed out and there were two round things that kept spinning non-stop. I waited for several minutes but they didn’t stop and the credit card area remained greyed out. I then tried Opera. I was more successful with it, however, the sign-up page did not begin with https://. I then tried to
        insert it to precede the WWW, but it would not work.

I was finally successful using another computer.

Has anybody had a similar experience?
        SheldonD

• #2258031 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

Hi Sheldon, and welcome to AskWoody.

Sorry to hear you had problems subscribing, but we’re glad you persevered. Welcome aboard.

It’s possible your browser has some add-on that was blocking your access, and sometimes turning off those options provides an easier way through those frustrating problems.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Trying to subscribe for Plus Membership

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.