News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Turing Machines – Interpreter and Compiler

Posted on Chris Greaves Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box Fun Stuff Turing Machines – Interpreter and Compiler

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        Chris Greaves
        AskWoody Plus

I would like to indulge in correspondence about Turing Machines.

Over the past six years I have built the paper-strip model and then written an interpreter in Word2003/VBA.

The Interpreter is a tad overwhelming; it allows an unlimited number of libraries of subroutines, break points(transient and permanent) and any day now, macros (not the MS concept but the in-line code expansion we grew up with in assembly-language days).

I would be delighted to entertain
        (1) The curious who just want to run one or two simple sample Turing machines
        (2) Those who would be happy to test my interpreter and offer comments or suggestions (or report bugs!)
        (3) Those who, perhaps, would like to write their own interpreter, perhaps in a language other than VBA, whereby we could run parallel tests.
        (4) technical Writers who obtain perverse pleasure in pointing out mistakes in my documentation.(grin!)

I have attached two PDF files to weed out the faint-hearted (Huge grin)

Please respond here
        Thanks
        Chris Greaves

"Almost works" means it doesn’t work.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Chris Greaves.
        • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Kirsty.
        Attachments:
    Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Turing Machines – Interpreter and Compiler

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.