News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Unable to Paste Text into Win10 20H2

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 20H2 – October 2020 Update Unable to Paste Text into Win10 20H2

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        GravelGertiesBertie
        AskWoody Plus

Since updating to Win10 20H2, cannot paste text to apps and/or websites. The app is genealogy software Legacy 9.0.0.384; past command greyed out. The website is Family Search.org where passwords are protected by 1Password. Had to hand type user name and password as pasting was not available. Moments before I logged into Family Search in the mac environment and the pasting worked was desired. Would appreciate any suggestion(s) that you can provide. Thank you.

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Sounds like your browser won’t accept paste, not Windows.
        What browser?
        Have you tried copying data from Notepad and pasting into the browser / app.
        Have you tried other websites? (Use this test page)

cheers, Paul

anonymous

Have you tried pasting with Ctrl + V rather than right-clicking?

Athanasian_Creed
        AskWoody Plus

I’ve had this problem as well – for the longest time – until recently.  Didn’t matter if i tried copy/pasting to notepad & then into forum, etc. but it didn’t work.  I don’t know if a Windows/software update fixed the issue or how it was solved, but i can do it now.

AAMOF, i just tried it now & it works!

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Unable to Paste Text into Win10 20H2

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.