News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Under Win10 1903, Edge refusing to open HTTPS sites

Home Forums AskWoody blog Under Win10 1903, Edge refusing to open HTTPS sites

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

I’m seeing reports of bugs in Edge. The error messages say: SEC7120: [CORS] The origin ‘ms-appx-web://microsoft.microsoftedge’ failed to allow a cross
      [See the full post at: Under Win10 1903, Edge refusing to open HTTPS sites]

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1726514 Reply

Microfix
      Da Boss

Looks like this was reported a while back, Feb 22nd 2019.
      https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/20612115/
      A user was still encountering the issue on April 29th 2019..(within the link)

********** Win7 x64/x86 | Win8.1 x64 | Linux Hybrids x64 **********

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #1727391 Reply

warrenrumak
        AskWoody Plus

According to that bug report, this bug exists in Windows 10 1809, too.

• #1726757 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Looks like a font error on a particular site:

CSS3119 The media query -ms-view-state has been deprecated.
      Your CSS contains an -ms-view-state media query.
      Use max-width and min-width.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/devtools-guide/console/error-and-status-codes

But no one uses Edge, right? Or 1903?

How many reports about how many sites?

It’s not all or most HTTPS sites.

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1909

• #1727190 Reply

GreatAndPowerfulTech
      AskWoody Lounger

Edge 76 works great.  As far as I’m concerned MS has already killed old Edge, without saying exactly that. It’s joining IE in the usual Microsoft long term death spiral, of which Windows Mobile is one of the more memorable MS product death spirals.

GreatAndPowerfulTech

• #1730903 Reply

John
      AskWoody Lounger

Microsoft adopting Chromium and V8 probably means old Edge will not get the attention anymore. It’s always had stability problems since its inception. I use Firefox mostly and dabble with Edge Dev. version hoping it progresses enough to use regularly someday.

• #1737195 Reply

anonymous

HTTPS sites work for me in both Edge and New Edge.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Under Win10 1903, Edge refusing to open HTTPS sites

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.