News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Update from 1903 to 1909 does not appear

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Update from 1903 to 1909 does not appear

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Daniel
        AskWoody Plus

Hi All, my first post. Have W10 Pro on 1903, yesterday I resumed Updates & got them for 1903, then tried to get version 1909 several times through the “Update tab” but it never showed.

Is MS stopping updates for some reason to 1909, like they might actually be trying to get it right?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Daniel

• #2231995 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

MS has not stopped upgrades from 1903 to 1909.

Several questions:
        + Do you have Feature Updates deferred? This can either be in the GUI (Windows Updates\Advanced settings) or in Group Policy.
        + Do you have any other Group Policy settings related to Windows Update.
        + Do you have any Pause settings either in the GUI or in Group Policy?
        + Do you have a link in Windows Update below the “Check for Updates” that says “Download and install now”?
        + Do you have Metered connections set to ON?
        + Do you have (or have you had in the past) any third-party Windows update blockers installed?
        + Have you used wushowhide.diagcab to see it Feature Update 1909 is available?
        + Have you hidden the Feature update?

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #2231999 Reply
          Daniel
          AskWoody Plus

Several questions:
          + Do you have Feature Updates deferred? This can either be in the GUI (Windows Updates\Advanced settings) or in Group Policy.  -Not sure where to find

+ Do you have any other Group Policy settings related to Windows Update.
          + Do you have any Pause settings either in the GUI or in Group Policy?
          + Do you have a link in Windows Update below the “Check for Updates” that says “Download and install now”?    NO
          + Do you have Metered connections set to ON?   NO
          + Do you have (or have you had in the past) any third-party Windows update blockers installed?  NO
          + Have you used wushowhide.diagcab to see it Feature Update 1909 is available?  NO
          + Have you hidden the Feature update?  ??

Hi PKCano,

Thanks for your reply. I am not a W10 user, went to a Mac from W7, but wife got a new W10 few months back. I recall doing something in group policy to defer updates (i think) , but can’t recall or find there notes what I did & this is out of my depth with W10.

Any suggestions??

Daniel

• #2232072 Reply
            PKCano
            Da Boss

See AKB2000016 – there are some pictures of the Group Policy settings. If you have any settings, particularly deferrals but also others, set under Windows Update or Windows Update for Business, you should remove them as they can block updates.

Also, if you have Feature deferrals set in the Settings App under, Windows Update\Advanced settings, you need to set that to less than 150 days to get 1909.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2232038 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

This WindowsClub article may help.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Update from 1903 to 1909 does not appear

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.