• Update History versus Uninstall Update

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 10 » Windows 10 version 21H2 – November 2021 Update » Update History versus Uninstall Update

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago.
    Author
    Topic

I have Win 10 v 21H2. When I downloaded updates for September, using wushowhide, I hid KB5017858 (cumulative preview). Then when I checked Update History I saw KB5017858 was installed!? I then went to Uninstall Update to remove it, but it does not appear in the list!

Is the Preview really installed? If so, why does it not appear in Uninstall Updates?
    If it is installed, how can I remove it?

What am I missing? Would appreciate any help!

Gunny

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

KB5017858 is the Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8, and 4.8.1. It is actually a BUNDLE. It contains:

KB5017262 .Net Framework Preview 3.5/4.8
      KB5017266 .Net Framework Preview 3.5/4.8.1

You will see the Cumulative Preview KB in Windows Update (and in the Update History), but you will not see the individual updates in the bundle.
      When the update is installed, Windows Update will install either KB5017262 or KB5017266, depending on which versions of .NET Framework are installed on your computer. It will be one of these that shows up in Installed Updates, not the Cumulative CU.

See #2482929 for a screenshot of a similar situation.

Just consider it’s Microsoft – ’nuff said. 🙂

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    Reply To: Update History versus Uninstall Update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: