News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Update not available to me yet

Posted on gtd12345 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1903 – May 2019 Update Update not available to me yet

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gtd12345 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

gtd12345
      AskWoody Plus

I have four Windows 10 computers of various vintages, and not one of them presents me with the option to download version 1903.  All installed the May 21 update with no issues.  I was hoping to install the update on my oldest computer to see how it went.  I have pretty plain vanilla systems, an Asus, two five-year-old Toshibas, and vintage 2013 Dell.

• #1736788 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Microsoft may be throttling the rollout to computers its AI deems will have the least problems first. Wait a few days and see if the update shows up.

• #1737184 Reply

AC641
      AskWoody Plus

Microsoft is indeed throttling availability of the 1903 update.  If you want to circumvent this and get it now – see HERE.

I’ve installed it on my test-bed laptop with no major issues and will install on my main desktop this evening.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1737324 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

1903 probably will get wider availability next month but for now it’s best to wait a few days (assuming OP’s computers are connected to the internet for at least 3 straight days AND NO Windows Update deferral options used)

• #1740917 Reply

gtd12345
      AskWoody Plus

Microsoft is indeed throttling availability of the 1903 update.  If you want to circumvent this and get it now – see HERE.

I’ve installed it on my test-bed laptop with no major issues and will install on my main desktop this evening.

Thanks for the link.  I installed the update; no issues.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Update not available to me yet

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.