News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Update Windows Recovery Environment

Home Forums AskWoody support Backup Backup – other Update Windows Recovery Environment

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        bbearren
        AskWoody MVP

If you have used this thread to update your Windows Recovery Environment, and you have since upgraded Windows 10, remember that you also need to update the winre.wim file in the Recovery Environment to match the upgraded version.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes/Windows updates, in case you need to start over!
        "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns
        "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware

1 user thanked author for this post.
        deuxbits
        AskWoody Plus

I have been wondering about this – the need to update the recovery drive if the OS has since been upgraded to a more recent version (IE 1903->2004 aka 20H1). I have not researched this completely but I can believe the update of the recovery drive is needed. Thank you for pointing out that wrinkle.

Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing - Werner Von Braun

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Update Windows Recovery Environment

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.