News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Updates for older version of Office

Posted on DeanGross Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Questions: Microsoft Office Updates for older version of Office

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

DeanGross 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

DeanGross
      AskWoody Lounger

I have Office 365 ProPlus installed, but when i get the updates from MS, I see Updates for Office 2013 products. Can someone tell me why I am getting those? thanks

• #211122 Trash | Reply

geekdom
      AskWoody Plus

Did you ever have Office 2013 installed on your computer?

Group G{ot backup} Win7Pro · x64 · SP1 · i3-3220 · TestBeta
      1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #211125 Trash | Reply

Microfix
        Da Boss

If @deangross did have Office 2013 installed previously, there may be remnants in the registry together within his profile which, may be why he is being offered Office 2103 patches alongside Office 365.

********** Peng/Wins x86/x64 **********

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #211168 Trash | Reply

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody_MVP

There might be a viewer or trial version of an older version of Office installed. Go into Programs and Features and see if any of this is installed; if so, uninstall it.

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
      with Windows 8.1 running in a VM
      1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #211207 Trash | Reply

DeanGross
      AskWoody Lounger

Thanks for suggestions, i double checked in Programs and Features, and I have SharePoint Designer 2013 and InfoPath 2013, but none of the standard Office apps, which is what I’m getting the updates for.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Updates for older version of Office

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.