News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • updates not showing in View Update History

Posted on Bill Henshaw Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 updates not showing in View Update History

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Bill Henshaw
        AskWoody Plus

Today there were some Office 2010 patches mentioned in  newsletter.  I followed the links and downloaded and installed them from the Microsoft Download Center and they installed without any problems.  I got the pop up window saying installation was successful.

However, when I go to Settings > Windows Update > View Update History, none of them show there.  Is this normal?  I have some Office updates listed for previous updates but these were done via Windows Update rather than being done manually as I did today.

Thanks,
        Bill

• #2276405 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Be sure you have checked the “Give me updates for other Microsoft products” in Windows Update\Advanced options.

To see what’s installed, look in Control Panel\Programs & Features – “View installed updates.”

• #2276488 Reply
          Bill Henshaw
          AskWoody Plus

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that option is checked. The updates are listed in Control Panel\Programs\View Installed Updates.

Is it normal that they would be listed there, but not listed in Settings > Windows Update > View Update History?

Is that because they were manually installed rather than  being installed via Windows Update?

Thanks,
          Bill

• #2276543 Reply
            PKCano
            Da Boss

It is possible that the updates are not listed in History but are installed and appear in Installed Updates.
            If you uninstall (or Windows Update uninstalls) an update, it still shows in History but no longer appears in Installed Updates. History is history and it happened.

If you want to verify what’s on the computer, always refer to Installed Updates.

• #2276614 Reply
            anonymous

Is that because they were manually installed rather than  being installed via Windows Update?

Yes.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: updates not showing in View Update History

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.