News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Updates oddity

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Updates oddity

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

mngerhold 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

anonymous

This on win10/pro 1809.  As advised, i installed June11 update, KB4503327 and it shows up in my “update history”.   I just got poked for new updates  one a defender update…. but the other was another copy of 4503327.   I installed the defender update but the 2019-06 update is still there.  What will happen if I tell it to install it again?  Will it figure out it is already installed and not do anything??

[two side notes: with that done, I now have only a ‘silverlight’ update pending.   Should I continue to ignore that.  Also: no sign yet of 2903 on my system yet — I thought it was released to the masses already]

• #1869892 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Go ahead and let KB4503327 install again. There have been reports of this. My guess is it has to do with the installation of the new Servicing Stack that accompanies the CU (you won’t see it listed in the queue, but it shows up in “view installed updates”).

Ignore the Silverlight.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1870321 Reply

berniec
      AskWoody Plus

The oddity gets odder — I went to “reinstall” the update — and it wasn’t there this morning. I checked my update history and it had [without my approval.. hmph!] installed itself. BUT: my system wasn’t rebooted, so I’m guessing the reinstall didn’t *really* do the install over again, but just updated my status… so , I guess, no harm done! Right now, I am “up to date” and I have Silverlight hidden [by wushowhide]

• #1870825 Reply

mngerhold
      AskWoody Lounger

Also: no sign yet of 2903 on my system yet

that may be a while yet!

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Updates oddity

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.