News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • updating backup software

Home Forums AskWoody support Productivity software by function Other MS apps updating backup software

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

I am retired , I used to do light computer repair as a hobby , I now use the computer mostly as a composer on finale and doing my finances with open office . So not much changes often . I backup the system about every 2 months and the data every 2 weeks . The software that does the system notifies me of updates . Could the update interfere with the backup I’m keeping or should I update .   Any other type of software no question I update What is your opinion?

Bob from Montreal

• #2307398 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

We need to know what backup software you are using before we can comment.

Where do you backup? We recommend a local USB hard disk.

What is the computer brand/model and Windows version?

cheers, Paul

• #2307434 Reply
          anonymous

I am using Macrium Reflect free version and backing up to a hard drive that is in an external case . My computer is a refurbished windows 10 pro version 1909. What I thought of doing is just getting an update just before doing my next backup every two months. But I’m sure more then one person has thought of this issue

• #2307482 Reply
        PFC
        AskWoody Plus

What I thought of doing is just getting an update just before doing my next backup every two months.

Maybe, do your backup BEFORE you update, then you know how long it’s been reliable.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2307487 Reply
        Tex265
        AskWoody Plus

Refer to my link here for more info regarding Macrium Reflect Free updating.

Macrium Reflect Free – patch how often?

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1909 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 (RIP)
      • #2307553 Reply
        anonymous

Ok, from what I read I should be ok as it makes sense a backup software wouldn’t stop working because it updated as that would be a marketing disaster . Thanks to the people who replied

Regards Bob from Montreal

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: updating backup software

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.