News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Upgrade to win 10 pro ver 1903 from win10 home ver 1903?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Upgrade to win 10 pro ver 1903 from win10 home ver 1903?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  DriftyDonN 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

anonymous

I upgraded from ver 1809 pro to v 1903 and also from 1809 home ver 1809 to 1903.

I see no difference in upgrade options in settings…pause 7 days up to 35 days. No difference tween home and pro.

Also what happens after 35 days are up?

Thank You so much

• #2018364 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

I see no difference in upgrade options in settings

Does the home version have advanced options of deferral for Feature & quality updates ?

Attachments:
    • #2018394 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

Also what happens after 35 days are up?

Your machine updates, unless you used wushowhide to hide the updates.

cheers, Paul

• #2018395 Reply

gjacwel
      AskWoody Plus

I’m running Win 10 home ver 1909, cautiously.

For the purpose of having more control over the update process is it still recommended to update to Pro over Home version?

• #2019324 Reply

DriftyDonN
      AskWoody Plus

I see no difference in upgrade options in settings

Does the home version have advanced options of deferral for Feature & quality updates ?

no. only pause choice’s(7 days at a time up to 3 or 4 times. NO advanced choices in either home or pro as far as I can see…) So, no need for pro for the average user, so says Woody.

Saving $100 ! Thanks Woody!!!

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Upgrade to win 10 pro ver 1903 from win10 home ver 1903?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.