News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • USB Port on HP Spectre

Posted on peterhb24 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  peterhb24 1 week ago.

• Author

peterhb24
      AskWoody Plus

Hardware is HP Spectre laptop, running Windows 10 pro V1803

Machine has a conventional USB port plus 2 Usb C ports One of the C ports is used for power input/charging.

I have a Lacrosse weather station with a wireless connection to a desktop console, which works fine. The system has standard USB connection to provide input to a software application ‘Easy Weather’ for data analysis. When I plug this unit into the laptop the software complains ‘no USB connection’. I have tried reloading all USB drivers to no avail. Device Manager shows no problems.

I have used this on a desktop running Windows 7 and it works fine. Likewise on an Asus laptop running Windows 10 Pro again OK. I would like to run it on the HP laptop as this is my main PC – any suggestions ?

Peter B

• #1908206 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Is there software/driver specifically for the Lacrosse weather station connected by USB that needs to be installed? USB connection may require different drivers than wireless.

• #1908660 Reply

peterhb24
        AskWoody Plus

Is there software/driver specifically for the Lacrosse weather station connected by USB that needs to be installed? USB connection may require different drivers than wireless.

I think the software they use is a generic piece which is used by other hardware.
        The weather station is supposed to connect via cable it doesn’t support wireless

• #1908395 Reply

anonymous

Does the standard HP standard USB port work well with other peripherals?

Is your ASUS computer also version 1803, what does device manager report to you when your station is connected to it?

Does your weather station appear similar to this one from Tycon Power Systems? The screen images I have seen from other sites look like a renamed version of the program available from Tycon. The ProWeatherStation only appears to use a wireless connection.

Is EasyWeather (EasyWeatherIP?) La Crosse’s older software?

• #1908662 Reply

peterhb24
        AskWoody Plus

Yes the station looks identical, apart from the console which is slightly different
        I think Easy Weather is a generic piece of software used by different applications. As I say it works on other hardware and OS
        Device Manager does not report anything when the software reports ‘no USB connection’ I will test it on a machine which does have a successfulconnection

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: USB Port on HP Spectre

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.